Destin Fishing - Destin Fishing Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:26:53 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
Welcome to the New Destin Fishing Forums!
Please Sign Up and start sharing information & discussion with other Destin Sportfishermen & Boaters!

The Best place to talk Fishing & Boating in Destin, from West Panama City to Navarre!

Advertise on Destin Fishing Forums

Home Help Search Gallery Destin Fishing Charters Fishing Charts & Nav Marine Weather Forecast Live Cams Vacation Rentals Videos Contact Login Register  

Introductions.... Break the ice and say hello

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introductions.... Break the ice and say hello  (Read 5365 times)
Destinfishing
Administrator
Wahoo

Administrator

View Profile WWW
« on: August 04, 2011, 10:24:36 am »

Welcome to Destin's Premier Fishing & Boating Forum!  Please Introduce Yourself!
Report Spam   Logged

The World's Luckiest Fishing Village

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

ratherbfishin
Mackerel

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:59:59 pm »

New to area.  I overheard someone talking about crab island this weekend.  Where exactly is it?
Report Spam   Logged
Destinfishing
Administrator
Wahoo

Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 01:17:41 pm »

Welcome to the area and the Forum!   Crab island is the emerald color sand bar area located just on the bay side of the bridge.  Have a great day!
Report Spam   Logged

eagleraycharters.com
Mackerel
Boat: 22' Triton Tunnel Hull

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 05:02:16 pm »

Hi All, I've lived here for a few years, but just found this website. I moved here from Carrabelle so most of my fishing has been done in Apalachicola Bay. However I have fished a lot in St. Joe and Choctawhatchee bays as well. Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I run a charter fishing business called eagleraycharters, specializing in light tackle bay and inshore fishing.

Good luck and tight lines!
Report Spam   Logged

Capt. Todd Brackin
WhiteSand
Mackerel
Boat: Sea Hunt 196

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 06:19:41 pm »

Hey Folks,  I am excited to find this forum, and hope it grows to thousands Smiley  I have had family here since the 80s and have owned property on Holiday Isle for 6 yrs or so.  I'm currently a Pennsylvania resident with hopes to retire to Destin within a few years.  I'm a commercial pilot and usually commute from PA to the Destin Airport with my plane. I have been fishing Destin for a decade or so, and have alot to learn. That said, nothing makes my day better than loading the fish box with a few big Kings. 

Thanks for putting up this forum Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Destinfishing
Administrator
Wahoo

Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 09:15:39 pm »

Welcome to the Destin Fishing Forum WhiteSand!! We plan on being here for a long time so check in and post often.  Safe flying!!

DF

Hey Folks,  I am excited to find this forum, and hope it grows to thousands Smiley  I have had family here since the 80s and have owned property on Holiday Isle for 6 yrs or so.  I'm currently a Pennsylvania resident with hopes to retire to Destin within a few years.  I'm a commercial pilot and usually commute from PA to the Destin Airport with my plane. I have been fishing Destin for a decade or so, and have alot to learn. That said, nothing makes my day better than loading the fish box with a few big Kings. 

Thanks for putting up this forum Grin

Report Spam   Logged

SE18
Mackerel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 04:39:52 pm »

Hi, we're here for just another day and this morning caught a flounder under the bridge near Emerald Grande, where we're staying.

We don't want to rent or go on a boat so I was wondering where the best fishing (any kind of fish) from shore would be?

When we Google best place we only find Destin boat ads (to go on fishing trips).

Your help greatly appreciated, as we'd like to come back for the shoreline fishing someday (from Northern Virginia).

Thanks!

Teahee Park
Report Spam   Logged
SE18
Mackerel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2012, 10:22:56 am »

we caught another flounder about same size today under the bridge and we only have a half day to fish. We are sorry no one responded to this post to give us tips to other places to fish from shore. Perhaps there's a more active forum? Also, we should have checked for forums before we left to do this ahead of time, but the fishing idea was just spur of moment decision when we visited Bass Pro shop and found a fishing pole we like
Report Spam   Logged
greg
Mackerel
Boat: pontoon
Favorite fish: redfish
Best fish: 42" red

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2012, 05:21:19 am »

Hello, I am a native of FWB, FL. I love to saltwater fish. I am going out on a pontoon boat toady. Whats biting? Any reports will help on this cold morning.
Report Spam   Logged
Hitman45
Mackerel
Boat: Jackson Cuda 12

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »

I vacation in Destin and have caught king and Spanish mackerel and a cobia. I want to do some reef and inshore stuff. Just want to staw in touch with the fish reports and so on. Thanks for having me.
Report Spam   Logged
papa_jo
Mackerel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2013, 07:23:32 pm »

grew up in Shalimar- went to meigs and pryor schools also the old fort Walton beach elem. that's how I have been gone. coming home to see dad 4th of july ,,, man I want to trout fish so bad
Report Spam   Logged
dalemilam58
Mackerel
Boat: yes
Favorite fish: bass
Best fish: 8lb3oz bass

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 09:34:44 am »

Hello all...I'm coming to Destin on or around Aug 10th...I'm bringing my boat...17' Princecraft with a 50 4 stroke...I am visiting my son who is stationed at Eglin AFB...I was wondering what type of fishing I can do from the boat...stay in the bay area or venture out into open water (weather permitting)?...I don't have a clue on what to fish for, what to use, and where to go...please help me make this a good trip...
Report Spam   Logged
jwpursuit
Mackerel
Boat: pursuit 2470wa
Favorite fish: wahoo
Best fish: 45 pd. dolphin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 07:55:00 am »

Brand new here. Looks like a cool forum
Report Spam   Logged
tarheelstate84
Mackerel
Favorite fish: Tuna
Best fish: black tip shark

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 04:05:03 pm »

New to the area. Just moved here from NC. Love to fish, especially off of the pier (sometimes boats and my stomach disagree). ANy helpful hints or other pier fishermen?
Report Spam   Logged
SSPENCER
Mackerel
Boat: Chaparral 1830 SS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 09:27:04 pm »

Another new member and I promise not to ask for anyone's honey holes.  Smiley

I'm originally from Brewton and grew up fishing P'Cola to Destin but it's been quite a few years since I've been down to Destin/Choctaw Bay area and fished it. I definitely plan to come spend a couple of weeks in Destin next spring so in the meantime I'll read the forums and try to gain as much knowledge as I can.

I hope to see the forums pick up with folks and posts on here but I'm also on the P'Cola forums as well.

Report Spam   Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

On Facebook

Destin Fishing Menu

Recent Threads
2005 2300SS BlueWater Key West FOR SALE $21,500 by Freedom Won
July 10, 2022, 03:43:21 pm

Possible Trip by saltyscales
November 06, 2020, 12:11:04 pm

Fishing Charter by angelicalu